It has been a year and a half… 18 months… roughly 550 days… since the world as we know it came to a screeching halt and a lust for toilet paper overtook the land and ended that urge to go out and TP somebodies house. Not my first choice of things to stockpile. But those first few months did drive home to me the idea that there is a very real limit to what any of us can stockpile, or hoard might be a better, though harsher, word. Though we certainly need to obtain food on a fairly frequent basis… things…Read more
So, I just found out that I was awarded a CAC( City Artist Corps) Grant! Very excited about that as it has been a tough year for artists and my income from music has been pretty slim. Streaming doesn't garner much and live gigs have been out of the question for the most part. But things are looking up. I am booked back for the Richmondtown Tavern Concert Series in February and there will be a live show as part of the grant commitment by the end of October; details are still up in the air for it. Stay tuned
Like most musicians there has not been much to report since the beginning of the year that will live in infamy. I still have not really done any promoting for the new CDs since I haven't been playing 'out'. I have done some things on Zoom, which has been a lifeline but far from perfect.
Our Irish Seisiun has been steamrolling along as has the Shanty session which you will see reflected in my calendar. Both give me something to look forward to every month which is great.
Other than that not much to report. I…Read more
- Both the CDs are done - one is in hand and the other was just shipped.
You can check them out at: bobwrightharbortown.hearnow.com (for Harbortown Redocks) and at : bobwright.hearnow.com (for Gingerbeard Whiskerchin)
- Two very different projects but I could not be happier with, or prouder of, either of them. And the wonderful Keri Sheheen did the artwork for both of them, as she should do for you (Ksheheen.com).
- Gigs are scarce with the pandemic but I am still doing the Irish Seisiun with SIARTS in a…Read more
Whoa... there is so much going on while we are quarantined and nothing can go on.
- finished up two recording projects:
(1) Harbortown Redocks with the crew from Harbortown, at Moon Studio, finally laying down some of the songs we have been doing out for white a while plus a few new ones for good measure. Still waiting for the physical product but it is available digitally on CDBaby for now. Really came out great and the cover art is terrific by Keri Sheheen.
(2) Gingerbeard Whiskerchin- I explain the…Read more
- Hoping to have a great year and I hope the same for you. - The new CD projects are entitled Harbortown Redocks, and Gingerbeard Whiskerchin. Two very different thingss but I am very excited about the way they are both turning out. I do believe you will like them. - the Irish seisiun is back and packed. Get there early if you plan to sit and eat a bite while you listen. - I will also be looking for gigs to promote the new projects so don't hesitate to be in touch and well see what we can work out.
- the two new projects are almost done. Some dubbing, a couple of more tracks to record, and then a whole lot of mixing and mastering. One is all maritime stuff and the other is a pretty eclectic sleigh ride through my musical influences. Very excied about both of them - the Irish Seisiun is back and always a fun time. Doug and Linda just get better and better - played at a tribute for my friend Mordecai Jacoby/aka/ Jay Coby the Singing Cowboy. Just a wonderful guy and a fine musician. He will be missed.…Read more
- A few things this September... SI Outloud and the Highland Games at the end of the month - The Irish Seisiun will be cranking up again soon... probabl November - the shanty is ongoing - the recordings are coming along great and I am getting excited about them - Big thanks to Frank Glaz for having Bill and I live on the radio at WPRB and thanks also to the Delaware Valley Bluegrass Festival for having me back this year on the Kids Stage - And as always I am lookng for places to play so let me, or your…Read more
-lots of studio stuff in the works. A new project with Bob Harris at Ampersand studio that is coming along swimmingly. About a dozen or so tracks started and planning to add Ray Scro and his mighty saxophones to a couple followed by Linda Hickman on flute and whistle to give a few tracks extra sparkle with a dab of Irish melancholy. It is gonna be a good one with more guest artists lined up - another project going with Henry Falco at Moon Studios and the Harbortown crew. Another dozen or so songs but these…Read more
- Marine Science Fair at P.S. 59 tomorrow - P.S. 373 this Monday to sing Kate Walker at the unveiling of a mural dedicated to her. Very cool - Moon studio this Sunday with Jan Christensen and Bob Conroy for work on a new Harbortown project; really looking forward to getting those guys in the studio - back to Alice Austen in a month from now - psyched to plat at the Barge Museum in August -